The Delta State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB), has warned contractors handling various intervention school projects across the state against the use of substandard construction materials in executing their projects.
Its Chairman, Mr Sunny Ogwu, gave the warning on Tuesday when he visited one of the project sites in the state.
Ogwu, represented by Mr Paul Kurugbe, member of the Board from Delta South, decried the practice of using recycled building materials by some contractors.
He said that such unprofessional practice would not be accepted by the board.
The chairman, in a statement, directed the contractors to remove such recycled materials, including ceiling boards.
He said the board would redouble its monitoring efforts in ensuring that contractors handling various projects for the board comply with standards and quality.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner