10 new cases of coronavirus infection have been recorded in Nigeria.
With this, the total number of infections in the country has increased to 184, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control said on Thursday.
It tweeted that Lagos State recorded seven new cases while Abuja had three.
The development brings the total number of confirmed cases in Lagos to 98 and Abuja 34.
It said, “Ten new cases of COVID19 have been reported in Nigeria – seven in Lagos and three in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
“As of 08:00 pm on 2nd of April, there are 184 confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Nigeria. Twenty have been discharged with two deaths.
“Currently, Lagos has 98 confirmed cases, FCT- 38, Osun – 14, Oyo- eight, Akwa Ibom- five, Ogun- four, Edo- four, Kaduna- four, Bauchi- three, Enugu- two, Ekiti- two, Rivers-one, and Benue- one.”
Though, Osun had on Thursday afternoon announced that it recorded six new cases, they were not part of the newly announced cases by the NCDC while Lagos discharged 11 infected patients.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92