The body of a man, identified as Oluseye Adekunle, who jumped into Lagos Lagoon around Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge on Friday has been found.
Naija News gathered that the body was discovered by a fisherman on Sunday morning at about 5.00 a.m. floating by the river bank, around the bridge.
It was further learnt that the body was therefore, recovered by the joint efforts of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Lagos State Waterways Authority (LASWA) Marine Police and handed over to the State Environmental Monitoring Unit (SEHMU)
Read also:Kidnap kingpin, Evans in court again
The body has since been deposited at the Lagos Mainland Hospital Mortuary.
The General Manager of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Adesina Tiamiyu said that the police will carry out further investigation on the matter.
He also urged the people to always be their brother’s keeper by reporting any of such incidents on time so as to avoid recurrence in the State.
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter
- BREAKING…. Foremost Nigerian Emir, Muhammadu Sunusi II is dead
- Emefiele reveals what will happen to old naira notes after Feb. 10 deadline
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training