The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has been advised by the national Christian elders forum to stop sending corrupt leaders to the senate.
Christian elders on Thursday, made this known while paying a courtesy call on the national leadership of the PDP at the party’s national headquarters in Abuja, ROYAL NEW has learnt.
The forum spokesman Solomon Asemota, said it was unfortunate that former governors, who looted their state treasuries are the ones making laws for the nation today.
”It is very sad that governors, who have mismanaged their states and looted the states treasury dry, now find retirement space in the National Assembly. ”Why can we not have political parties that will say ‘no’ to such wasteful managers of state resources?. ”Why do political parties keep recycling for the country discredited and out rightly incompetent persons as leaders of the country?
”the incompetent and wasteful individuals, who mismanaged the commonwealth of the people, still find abode in political parties as power brokers”
Asemota also added that “what was more unfortunate was the information that the governors of the region announced that the quit notice had been suspended.”We wish to stress that the conduct of these governors is subversive of their oath of office wherein they swore to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the law”.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63