An high court sitting in Gusau has affirmed that the ruling All Progressive Congress in Zamfara state had conducted primaries elections on 3rd and 7th October 2018.
Presided over by justice Muhammad Bello Shinkafi, the court on Friday also asked the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to accept the primaries for the APC’s governorship, senatorial, house of representatives and state Assembly seats.
The National Secretariat of the All Progressive Congress was also barred from replacing the names of those who won the primary elections of the party on 7th October 2018.
In case with a suit number ZMS/GS/52/2018, Sanusi Liman Dan Alhaji and 37 others vs APC and 143, the plaintiffs had asked the court to compel the All Progressive Congress and the Independent National Electoral Commission accept the results of the party’s primaries election in the state conducted on the 7th of October 2018 among others.
After cross examination of all witnesses justice Shinkafi granted the prayers of the APC and agreed that primary elections were conducted and won on October 7 2018.
The APC primary elections in the state were mired in controversy when the Independent National Electoral Commission said the party can not field candidates in the state for the forthcoming 2019 general elections.
- BREAKING…. Anthony Joshua beats Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia
- SAD… Reinhard Bonnke dies at 79
- Bureau of statistics releases new corruption rate ratio in Nigeria
- BREAKING…. Court sentences two ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ boys to 6months jailterm in Ilorin
- Everton fires Manager, Marco Silva
- Nigeria will soon be self-sufficient in rice production— Minister
- Minister launches NAVSA, to create 6million jobs in 10yrs
- Committee of CMDs raises alarm over impending problems
- When will Gov. Abdulrazaq present 2020 budget?
- Senate to IGP: Reduce checkpoints on federal highways