The convict, a resident of Amulegbolola Compound Ogbomoso, Oyo state, was dragged to the Area Court for ‘being in possession’, contrary to section 319 of the penal code law.
The Police FIR revealed that Samuel confessed that he stole the goat at Geri-Alimi Area, Ilorin and brought it to Oja-Oba for sale.
The case was prosecuted on behalf of the police by Inspector Oderinde Abideen.
In his judgement, the trial judge, A.Y Ameenullahi sentenced accused to six month imprisonment with an option of N20,000 fine.
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo