The convict, a resident of Amulegbolola Compound Ogbomoso, Oyo state, was dragged to the Area Court for ‘being in possession’, contrary to section 319 of the penal code law.
The Police FIR revealed that Samuel confessed that he stole the goat at Geri-Alimi Area, Ilorin and brought it to Oja-Oba for sale.
The case was prosecuted on behalf of the police by Inspector Oderinde Abideen.
In his judgement, the trial judge, A.Y Ameenullahi sentenced accused to six month imprisonment with an option of N20,000 fine.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting
- Soludo suspends LG chairman over wife’s death
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq