Four out of the six #EndSARS protesters who were charged with unlawful assembly in November 2020 have been discharged by a Chief Magistrate’s Court in Wuse Zone 2, Abuja.
The four defendants who were discharged on grounds of lack of diligent prosecution of the case by the police are Olutosin Adeniji, Abdusalam Zubarur, Paul Akinwumi, and Devour Chomo. Two others, Yasidu Bashiru and Kabiru Garzali were absent.
The defence lawyer Henry Akwaji who was asked why the other defendants are absent, told the Magistrate Musa Eneye that they fell ill and are receiving traditional treatment in Kaduna.
Responding, the magistrate noted that there was no medical report to support the claim of ill health status of the two defendants.
Mr Eneye said thereafter;
“That the defendants, Olutosin Adeniji, Abdusalam Zubarur, Paul Akinwumi, and Devour Chomo, are discharged and the complaint against them dismissed.”
He adjourned the case of the remaining two defendants till March 24.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG