An Ile-Tuntun Customary Court in Ibadan on Friday dissolved a 17-year-old marriage between a businesswoman, Dasola Fogabi and her estranged husband, Saheed over threat to life.
Delivering judgment, Chief Henry Agbaje, president of the court dissolved the union in the interest of peace.
He awarded custody of the three children to Fogabi and ordered the respondent to pay N15,000 as the children’s monthly feeding allowance.
The arbitrator also ordered him to be responsible for their education.
Earlier, Fogabi said: ”the man I married 17 years ago is threatening to end my life here on earth. I lost all my money because of his fraudulent lifestyle.
“My lord, Saheed, collected money from his customers fraudulently and promised to supply them plywood without doing so.
”To avoid arrest and litigation, I paid back the people he collected money from. I no longer have the economic power to do business because I am in a huge debt mess because of him.
“Lately, Saheed is threatening to kill me if I don’t continue to give him money,” she alleged.
Saheed, was not in court.
The court bailiff said that Saheed was duly served hearing notices.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector