An Ile-Tuntun Customary Court in Ibadan on Friday dissolved a 17-year-old marriage between a businesswoman, Dasola Fogabi and her estranged husband, Saheed over threat to life.
Delivering judgment, Chief Henry Agbaje, president of the court dissolved the union in the interest of peace.
He awarded custody of the three children to Fogabi and ordered the respondent to pay N15,000 as the children’s monthly feeding allowance.
The arbitrator also ordered him to be responsible for their education.
Earlier, Fogabi said: ”the man I married 17 years ago is threatening to end my life here on earth. I lost all my money because of his fraudulent lifestyle.
“My lord, Saheed, collected money from his customers fraudulently and promised to supply them plywood without doing so.
”To avoid arrest and litigation, I paid back the people he collected money from. I no longer have the economic power to do business because I am in a huge debt mess because of him.
“Lately, Saheed is threatening to kill me if I don’t continue to give him money,” she alleged.
Saheed, was not in court.
The court bailiff said that Saheed was duly served hearing notices.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets