Mr Henric Agbaje, President of Ile-tuntun Customary Court in Ibadan,
on Tuesday put an end to a five-year-old marriage between one Kafilat and her husband, Musiliu
Raji, over her removed womb.
Agbaje held that the court decided to put an end to the relationship between Kafilat, a mother of
one, and Musiliu because it was clear that there was no more love between them.
He awarded custody of the four-year-old child produced by the union to Kafilat and also directed
Musiliu to provide N4,000 monthly feeding allowance for the upkeep of the child, in addition to been
responsible for his education and other welfare.
Earlier in her submission, Kafilat said that her husband without her consent connived with a medical
Doctor to remove her womb during a surgery, thereby rendering her barren.
“My lord, Musiliu has systematically rendered me barren, henceforth, because I can no longer.
conceive due to the removal of my womb during a caesarean surgery when I was trying to deliver
my first child.
“Assuming I wasn’t okay in the hospital, shouldn’t he have informed any of my relatives that for me
to have a safe delivery, my womb must be removed?
“It is not until recently that Musiliu wanted to be having sexual intercourse with me that he directed
me to go for family planning.
“Then, medical personnel told me that I no longer have womb.
“Worst still, Musiliu is a drunkard and insensitive in all aspect of life,” Kafilat explained.
However, Musiliu, who opposed the divorce suit, did not deny the allegation leveled against him,
but pleaded with the court to help keep his relationship with Kafilat.
“My lord, it is true that her womb was removed but the Doctor informed me that her womb had
already been damaged and that the only option remaining was total removal for her wellbeing.
“The Doctor also advised me not to let her know until over a year when she could bear the pain,” he
Kafilat and Musiliu lived at Ologuneru area of Ibadan.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal