A Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan on Friday dissolved the seven years marriage between one Omolara and Abiodun Ojeyemi over attempted scissors attack.
The President of the court, Mr Ademola Odunade, said he had to put an end to the union in the interest of peace and tranquillity.
He granted the custody of the two children of the union to Omolara and directed Abiodun to pay a monthly feeding allowance of N8,000 for the upkeep of the two children. Read also: 2 feared dead in Canoe mishap, 9 rescued
The arbitrator equally directed Abiodun to allow Omolara to pack all her belongings from his home.
Narrating her ordeal, Omolara, a school teacher, told the court that her husband was in the habit of threatening her life with a pair of scissors.
“My Lord, ever since I got married to Abiodun, I have not enjoyed any moment of rest or peace due to his ceaseless trouble. Sometimes, he brings out a pair of scissors, threatening to stab and kill me anytime from now.
“In addition, he doesn’t provide for the needs of the children. We spend days starving. I was the one that purchased the electronics and all my property are still in his house.”
Abiodun had refused to appear or give any reason Read also: HEARTLESS: Man kills girlfriend, shoot daughter (See photos) for his absence in court in spite of being given two hearing notices.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank