The judgement in the ongoing trial over the creation of four new emirates and appointment of three first class emirs by Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano State has been slated for November 14, 2019 by a Kano State High Court.
It would be recalled that former Minority Leader and Minority Whip of the Kano State House of Assembly, Alhaji Rabi’u Saleh Gwarzo and Alhaji Babangida Yusuf Sulaiman challenged the legality of the creation of the four emirates.
The two lawmakers joined in the suite, Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje; the then Speaker of the House, Alhaji Kabiru Alhassan Rurum; the Attorney General Barrister Ibrahim Mukhtar and Kano state Printing Press.
- FG approves mother tongue as compulsory language in primary schools
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule
- Police cautions governors against frustrating opposition parties’ campaign
- We’ll recover semester, session lost to strike – ASUU
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears