The travail of a 36 year old Harbalist, Jamiu Isiaka on Tuesday 10th of March 2020 took a new turn as a Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin ordered for temporary forfeiture of his mighty four Bedroom Bungalow situated at Oke Foma, Ilorin.
The Ilorin Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC) had on 10th of June 2019 arraigned the Embattled Harbalist for allegedly defrauded a Korean Korean National, Keun Sig Kim and impersonating some to Government Officials including the former managing director of NNPC, Dr Makanti Baru, Senior Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adeshina and the National Commissioner of INEC, Mrs Aminat Zakari among others.
Moving the application seeking for interim forfeiture on Tuesday, Counsel to the Applicant, Andrew Akoja said ” My Lord, our motion is brought pursuant to section 6 ,7 and 29 of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Act of 2004 , Section 335 of the Kwara State Administration of Criminal Justice Law of 2018 and Section 46 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999″
” An order of this honourable Court granting an interim forfeiture of the assets and properties set out in the scheduled attach”
” An order stopping any disposal, conveyance, mortgage, lease, sale or alienation or otherwise tempering with the properties/assets described in the schedule attached ”
The EFCC Lawyer is also asking the Court Presided over by Justice Mahmood Abdulgafar to authorising the Commission to appoint a competent Person or firm to manage the property ”
In the affidavit deposed to by one Musa Sanni , an operative of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, said ” the respondent, Jamiu Is”iaka told his victim that certain certificates would be presented to him from NNPC ”
Justice Abdulgafar after listening to the Prosecution however granted the application and ordered for interim forfeiture of the property.
The Judge adjourned the matter till 19th of March and ordered that the interim order should be published in a National Daily.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63