Zamfara State House of Assembly have been restrained by a Federal High Court in Abuja from impeaching the Deputy Governor, Mahdi Gusau.
There have been claims of Zamfara lawmakers plotting to remove Gusau after he refused to join top politicians in the state including Governor Bello Matawalle in defecting to the All Progressives Congress from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Lawmakers in the state had been irked by a rally Gusau held with PDP members, days after Governor Matawalle and lawmakers in the state held a mass defection rally. They accused him of being insensitive by holding a rally after some killings in the state.
Justice Obiora Egwuatu of the Federal High Court in Abuja who ruled on the case on Monday July 19, ordered the lawmakers not to remove Gusau.
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution