The Federal Capital Territory High Court sitting in Maitama has ordered the release of the International Traveling Passport of retired Colonel Mohammed Sambo Dasuki to him.
The order of the court for the release of the Passport was also to enable Dasuki to obtain a visa for a specialised medical consultation after being in detention for four years.
Dasuki along with four others are standing trial before the court in the alleged charges of Breach of Trust and money-laundering.
Justice Baba-Yusuf’s decision followed the application brought by Dasuki’s lawyer, Mr. Ahmed Raji under Sections 1, 2, 491 and 492 of the administration of the Criminal Justice Act. ACJA 2015 and the inherent power of the court.
The judge, while delivering ruling on Dasuki’s application said that since the request was not opposed by the EFCC which put the defendant on trial, It is wise to grant the request.
Meanwhile, trial in the charges has been fixed for March 13, 20120.
- BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- COVID-19: UK records death of another medical doctor
- Buhari wishes PM Boris Johnson quick recovery
- COVID-19 is real, Iba of Kishi sensitizes subjects
- It is no time to panic, Gov. Abdulrazaq tells Kwarans
- COVID-19: Kwara begins contact tracing of 75 persons
- FG suspends payment of interest on debts owed by state govts
- Gov. Ayade imposes N300,000 fine for mask-usage refusal
- How Gov. Seyi Makinde got cured from coronavirus infection
- Buhari hails Amb. Boladei Igali at 60
News3 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education5 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics6 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen