From Francis Adekunle, Ado-Ekiti
An Ado Ekiti Chief Magistrate Court, sitting in Ado Ekiti has granted an order to remand 72 year old Abdulraman Ibrahim and sixteen others in the custody of the Nigerian Correctional Services, Ado Ekiti for an alleged offence of armed robbery and murder.
The Police prosecutor, Inspector Bamikole Olasunkanmi requested for the remand order to allow him duplicate the case file and forward same to the office of Director of Public Prosecutions, DPP, for legal advice.
According to the charge against the accused persons, Abdulraman Ibrahim (72), Ojo Tope (Tope Dudu)33, Damilola Christopher (29), Joshua Adegoke (24), Aderopo Temitope (Tope Pupa) 36, Oyedele Oluwatobi (26), Bello Ojo (26), Fabiyi Kehinde (35), Ayo Odeyemi (50), Giwa Tosin, Adaranijo Martins, Adekanmbi Iseoluwa, Oladunjoye Joke, Kabiru Mohammed and Ekundayo Ajiboye, they were suspected to have committed the offence of Armed Robbery on different people in Ado Ekiti and Ilawe Ekiti including robbery on Ajiboye Olajide, Lateef Temitope Buhari and the murdere of one Joseph Blessing on 18th November, 2021 around 1:00a.m in Ado Ekiti.
The prosecutor said the offence runs contrary to and punishable under Sections 6,1 (2)a of the Robbery and Firearms (Special Provisions) Act. 398 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 and Section 320 of the Criminal Code, Cap. C16 Laws of Ekiti State, 2012.
In their separate statements made to the Police by the accused persons, they confessed to be armed robbers terrorizing students of the Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti and some people in Ilawe Ekiti and dispossessed them of their phones, Laptop computers, money and other valuables while armed with guns and other dangerous weapons.
In his ruling, Chief Magistrate Michael Faola said, ‘’ the defendants are hereby ordered to be remanded in custody of the Nigerian Correctional Services, Ado Ekiti pending advice from the Director of Public Prosecutions.’’.
The case has been adjourned till 15th March, for mention.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC