An Ilorin Magistrates’ Court on Monday ordered that two friends, who allegedly raped a 19 year-old girl be remanded in prison.
The Magistrate, Monisola Kamson, ordered that Sodiq Abdulrauf and Ali Ahmad, be remanded in Oke-kura Prison Yard, Ilorin.
She adjourned the case until May 2 for further mention.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Gbenga Ayeni, informed the court that the victim accompanied her friend to her boyfriend’s house where she was assaulted and gang-raped.
Ayeni said that the defendants and one Korani, who is now at large, beat up the victim and raped her.
After the charge was read to them, the defendants pleaded not guilty to the charges against them.
The Prosecutor said that the alleged offence contravened sections 97 and 282 of the Penal Code.
He prayed the court to remand the accused persons in prison custody pending the completion of investigation.
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling