An FCT High Court sitting in Kubwa, on Thursday remanded four persons in a correctional centre over alleged culpable homicide.
The defendants: Emmanuel Agu, Augustine Uden, Micheal Okechukwu and Iliyasu Sadiq were arraigned on a four-count charge bordering on culpable homicide and criminal conspiracy.
The defendants, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Justice Kezziah Ogbonnaya adjourned the matter till Oct. 24 for hearing.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Adama Musa told the court that the defendants while armed with a gun and other dangerous weapons, robbed ASP Husseini Salisu of his official AK 47 rifle on Sept.3, 2021.
Adama said that the defendants shot and killed Salisu while on a moving bike at Idu Pipe Railway Junction, Karmo, Abuja on the said date.
The offences he said is punishable under the provisions of Sections 6, 1 (2) (a) (3) of the Robbery and Firearms Act, LFN 2004 and Section 221 of the Penal Code.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ