Justice Peter Kekemeke of an FCT High Court sitting in Nyanya on Thursday remanded a barber, Mohammed Sani, for allegedly defiling a six-year-old boy.
The police arraigned the 20-year-old defendant, who resides at Rufan Fulani in Maple, Abuja on a charge bordering on rape.
Kekemeke ordered the remand of the defendant after he informed the court that he had no lawyer.
“I have no counsel. I want the court to give me one,” the defendant told the court when asked about his lawyer by the judge.
The judge, consequently, ruled that “the defendant is hereby remanded in prison custody until the next adjourned date”.
He adjourned the matter until Dec. 8 for hearing.
Earlier, the Prosecuting Counsel, Mr Kufreabasi Ebong, informed the court that the defendant committed the offence on April 1, 2020.
He said that the defendant at about 5 p.m. on April 1, 2020 at Rufan Fulani, sexually abused a six-year-old boy.
According to him, the offence contravenes Section 284 of the Penal Code.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate