The embattled internet celebrity, Ismaila Mustapha also known as Mompha, has been remanded in prison custody by a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos on Monday.
He pleaded not guilty to the N33billion money laundering and Internet crime charges filed against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
The internet celeb was arraigned before Justice Mohammed Liman on a 14-count charge, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Following his ”Not guilty” plead, the presiding judge ordered that he be remanded in prison custody and adjourned the case till Friday November 29th for hearing of his bail application and commencement of trial.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption