An Ilorin Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday remanded a 30-year-old labourer, Emmanuel Wakili of Gbugbu village, Lafiagi, over alleged killing of his friend, Yahya Husseini, over money.
The Magistrate, Afusat Alege, ordered that Wakili be remanded at Oke-kura Prison Yard, Ilorin, pending the outcome of police investigation on the alleged murder and adjourned further hearing on the case until Feb. 9.
Wakili is facing one-count charge of Culpable Homicide, contrary to Section 221 of the Penal Code.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Insp. Alhassan Jubril, told the court that Wakili allegedly hacked his friend to death when argument ensued between them over profit made from their charcoal business.
Jubril said Husseini was confirmed dead on arrival at Lafiagi hospital.
The prosecutor urged the court to remand Wakili in prison custody and the magistrate granted
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS