An Ilorin Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday remanded a 30-year-old labourer, Emmanuel Wakili of Gbugbu village, Lafiagi, over alleged killing of his friend, Yahya Husseini, over money.
The Magistrate, Afusat Alege, ordered that Wakili be remanded at Oke-kura Prison Yard, Ilorin, pending the outcome of police investigation on the alleged murder and adjourned further hearing on the case until Feb. 9.
Wakili is facing one-count charge of Culpable Homicide, contrary to Section 221 of the Penal Code.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Insp. Alhassan Jubril, told the court that Wakili allegedly hacked his friend to death when argument ensued between them over profit made from their charcoal business.
Jubril said Husseini was confirmed dead on arrival at Lafiagi hospital.
The prosecutor urged the court to remand Wakili in prison custody and the magistrate granted
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia
- BREAKING…. Many school children, others affected as explosion rocks Kano