The police charged Isaac,48, and Ojo Obasua, 47 with conspiracy and defilement.
Magistrate T.O. Ogunsina, who did not take the plea of Isaac and his brother, ordered the police to return the case file to the office of Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) pending legal advice.
She adjourned the case until Feb.11 for mention
Earlier, the prosecutor, Insp Johnson Okunade told the court that the suspects committed the offence on Oct.2020 in Ayegunle-Ekiti.
He alleged that Isaac, who is the father of the victim and his younger brother both defiled the victim, a 14-year-old girl.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of Section 31 of Child Rights Laws of Ekiti 2012. (NAN)
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi