The police charged Isaac,48, and Ojo Obasua, 47 with conspiracy and defilement.
Magistrate T.O. Ogunsina, who did not take the plea of Isaac and his brother, ordered the police to return the case file to the office of Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) pending legal advice.
She adjourned the case until Feb.11 for mention
Earlier, the prosecutor, Insp Johnson Okunade told the court that the suspects committed the offence on Oct.2020 in Ayegunle-Ekiti.
He alleged that Isaac, who is the father of the victim and his younger brother both defiled the victim, a 14-year-old girl.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of Section 31 of Child Rights Laws of Ekiti 2012. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections