An Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court on Monday remanded a 34- year-old man, Ezekiel Bassey, in Kirikiri Correctional Centre for sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl.
Bassey, a visual artist, who resides at 12, Ajasa Street, Onikan, Lagos, is charged with sexual assault.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Bola Osunsanmi, did not take the plea of Bassey.
Osunsanmi ordered that he shoud be remanded until March 25, pending legal advice from the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP).
The prosecutor, ASP Raji Akeem told the court that the offence was committed on Oct. 30, 2023.
Akeem said that Bassey lured the 15- year-old girl to his house, molested and took a video of her.
He said that the offence contravened the provisions of Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo