An Ile-Ife Magistrates’ Court in Osun on Monday, remanded a 35-year-old man, Joshua Odesola, over alleged assault of a police officer.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Sunday Osanyintuyi, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Aug 8, around 09:00 a.m. at Our Lady Junction, Modakeke in Ife East Area Office.
Osanyintuyi said that the defendant assaulted one Insp. Akinbo Ayodele attached to Zone X1, Osogbo, with fist blow on his face.
He added that the offence contravened Section 355 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Osun, 2002.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the one-count charge of assault.
The Defense Counsel, Miss Mariam Lai-Ibrahim, applied for the bail of the defendant in most Liberal term, pledging that her client would not jump bail, but would provide responsible sureties.
Magistrate A.O.Famuyide did not grant bail to the defendant, but asked the defense counsel to come by way of written application.
Famuyide therefore ordered for the remand of the defendant in Ile-Ife Correctional Facility Custody pending the consideration of his bail.
The case was adjourned until Aug 15, for mention.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign