A 35-year-old teacher, Kabiru Musa, has been remanded by a Chief Magistrates’ Court sitting in Kano for allegedly defiling a four-year-old girl.
The Chief Magistrate, Mr Muhammad Jibril, said that the defendant should be kept in custody, pending an advice from the state’s director of public prosecutions.
Jibril adjourned the matter until Feb. 25 for mention.
The defendant, who resides at Yan Awaki Quarters in Kano, is facing a count charge of rape.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Insp. Pogu Lale, told the court that one Bilal Usman of Rijiyar Zaki Quarters Kano, reported the matter at the Shahuchi Police Division in Kano on Jan.17.
Lale said that on Jan.16, the defendant deceived and lured the complainant’s four-year-old daughter, into a class room and had unlawful sexual intercourse with her.
“The complainant noticed unusual stain of blood on his daughter’s pant when she came back from school and complained of virginal pain.’’
According to the prosecutor, during the course of questioning the victim, she revealed to her father that it was the defendant, a teacher in the school that raped her.
According to Lale, the offence contravenes Section 283 of the Penal Code. (NAN)
- American journalist collapses, dies at Qatar World Cup
- ICPC: D’banj breaks silence after release
- Tinubu better than Peter Obi, but he’s a drug lord– Reno
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele