Former Russia captain, Roman Shirokov, was on Friday sentenced to 100 hours of community service for assaulting a referee earlier in the year.
A Moscow court found Shirokov guilty of assaulting a referee during a friendly match in August, hitting him in the face and then kicking him.
Shirokov won 56 Russia caps and captained the team from 2014.
He ended his career in 2016 at CSKA Moscow.
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue
- Oluwo condems burning of Aree palace, vows to go after perpetrators