A magistrate’s court sitting at Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport in Kano has sentenced Kannywood actress, Sadiya Haruna, to six months in prison without an option of fine.
She was charged to court for defaming her ex-boyfriend and singer, Isa A. Isa.
In a viral video, Sadiya was seen calling Isa a “homosexual, bastard, and an unrepentant womaniser”.
She claimed the actor demanded anal sex from her and she shared videos of him all over social media as she continued with the accusations.
Isa denied the allegation and sued her for character assassination.
In 2021, Sadiya was arrested by the Kano State Hisbah board for allegedly sharing sexual content on her handles. Hisband ordered her to go back to Islamiyyah school in order to acquire more Islamic knowledge.
She has now been sentenced for defaming Isa.
The court, presided over by, Justice Muntari Garba Dandago, sentenced the actress to 6 months in prison.
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000