Since the confirmation of the coronavirus status of the Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, the number of case recorded in the state has increased to six.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, (NCDC), stated this on Saturday evening.
However, Bauchi is yet the only state in the North-East region with confirmed cases of COVID-19 including Governor Bala Mohammed who has been in isolation.
Adamawa, Taraba, Gombe, Yobe and Borno States are yet to record any confirmed case of the virus which now top 214 in Nigeria as of Saturday night.
“As at 10:10 pm 4th April, there are 214 confirmed cases of #COVID19 reported in Nigeria. Twenty-five have been discharged with two deaths,” the NCDC stated.
Lagos has the highest number of infections with 109 cases while Abuja follows with 43. The two cities are currently observing a 14-day lockdown as part of measures to break the circle of community transmission of the novel virus.
States yet to be affected in the North-East have also started taking precautionary measures including the closure of borders to forestall the importation of the virus into their location.
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy
- Gov. Zulum appoints 7 Permanent Secretaries
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour of A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto