Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, on Monday said arrangements have been finalisd for the take off of the state’s Covid-19 testing centre, adding that testing for coronavirus would commence at the centre before the end of the week.
Dr Fayemi disclosed this during an on-the-spot assessment of facilities at the expanded Infectious Disease Unit at the Oba Adejugbe General Hospital, Ado-Ekiti.
“This week, we will be formally launching our testing centre at the teaching hospital. So, I’m confirming it to you.” Governor Fayemi told journalists after the inspection.
He explained that the testing centre would help the state test as many people as possible as part of government’s efforts to contain the spread of the coronavirus in the state.
The expansion of the state’s isolation centre to a 100 -bed capacity is a proactive step to prepare against a possible surge in the number of patients.
The Governor, who put the present capacity of the centre for Covid-19 patients at ten beds, stated that the state already has ten active patients, while the results of some contacts were being expected. The development, according to him, has justified government’s plan to expand the centre to a 100-bed capacity.
Governor Fayemi said: “We are expanding our infectious disease hospital bed space, as you know we have just ten-bed space in the one we are using now but there is an increase and we have to prepare for the worse while we hope for the best.
“We want a reduction in the number of Covid-19 positive patients in the state, but right now, we have about ten active cases, that mean all our beds there are fully occupied. So, we have had to then expand to a hundred- bed space. So, if we have any additional patients, we are prepared for them.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections