COVID-19: FG sets up Advisory Committee Ahead Monday
Aminat Isah, Abuja
The Federal Government has set up a Ministerial Expert Advisory Committee, consisting of eminent Nigerian virologists, public health experts, Infectious disease and diagnostic experts to study the evolution and development of the COVID-19 outbreak responses in Nigeria.
The committee as disclosed by the Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire at the Presidential Task Force (PTF) Press Briefing held on 29th April, 2020, would enable the the government identify and adopt more effective strategies and align
Nigeria’s COVID-19 Response plans with best practices and advisories ahead of 4th May, 2019, when the lockdown will be eased in the
Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Lagos and Ogun States.
Ehanire made it known that 1,337 people have been confirmed to have the COVID-19 as of 28th April, 2020, pointing out that the propagated social measures of distancing and postponement of non-essential travels have had
only limited success due to lockdown violations and other risk behavior practices by some Nigerians.
He further expressed concerns about the sharp increase of COVID-19 positive cases and purported unexplained deaths in Kano, and explained that the latter were not out of the ordinary.
“Multidisciplinary technical experts will assess the needs and the design for on-site capacity building for State teams and advise on the States’ response and preparedness plan.
He enjoined Nigerians to adhere to the stipulated advisories issued for staying protected at all times, as arresting the spread of Covid-19 virus requires individual and collective effort.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- DSS confirms plot by disgruntled elements for Interim Government
- Naira gains, exchanges N461.24 against dollar
- Buhari approves appointment of 6 new Perm Secs.
- Gawuna accepts defeat, congratulates Kano Gov-elect
- Senate urges banks to resume operations in Akwa Ibom
- Man arrested for allegedly raping 9-month-old baby in Lagos
- One Judge dismissed, two others demoted in Niger state
- OYO SUBEB Monitors Unified Exams
- I won’t run from EFCC after handover — Wike
- NASS prescribes 5-yr jail term for defaulters in Fed Audit Bill