The federal government has been urged to urgently adopt policy that will provide for the needs of teachers of private schools as well as some other essential stakeholders across the country.
The Ilorin Emirate Youth Development Association (IEYDA) also advised state and local government areas to emulate such laudable gesture in a bid to cushion the effect of COVID-19 pandemic that hitting hard on all facets of the economy. READ ALSO:BREAKING….Emir’s wife, 2 others make Buhari’s Ambassadorial lists from Kwara (SEE FULL NAMES)
IEYDA National President, Alhaji Babatunde Salaudeen, stated this in Ilorin on Wednesday while speaking with journalists during its monthly empowerment programme. He noted that the group decided to empower Teachers in private schools, event planners, photographers, rental service owners among others due to the lockdown imposed on the nation’s economy. READ ALSO:Buhari’s wife pledges support to families of fallen heroes
Items distributed includes; Rice, Semo, noodles and spaghetti among others.
According to him, “Salaries of private school teachers have been stopped because pupils are out of schools nationwide, no event and social gathering which has further affected patronage of services of stakeholders in the entertainment industry. We appeal to government to come to their aid and provide palliatives to cushion the effect of COVID-19 in their respective homes.”
Also speaking, the National Publicity Secretary of IEYDA, Alhaji Uthman Jagunmo, thanked the donors for touching the lives of the beneficiaries who who are frontline victims of the current economy woes occasioned by the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Nigerians should please come to the aid of these set of people who haven’t earned a kobo as salary since the outbreak of COVID-19. They are breadwinners of their respective families but today, the current situation has turned them to beggars as they can no longer put food on the table for their families”, Jagunmo said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation