Kwara State Government has donated 50,000 pieces of 200ml and another 2000 pieces of (one) 1 litre of hand sanitisers for distribution to schools across the state as exit class students begin examinations amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Medical experts have recommended physical distancing, constant hand washing, use of alcohol-based hand sanitisers, and face masks, among others, as some of the measures to flatten the curve of the virus.
“These sanitisers are to be distributed to schools across the state as our SS3 students started their West African Examination Council examinations today and very soon the JSS3 too will start their exam,” Secretary to the State Government Prof Saba Mamman Jibril said at the brief handover ceremony.
Jibril, who recalled that the state had earlier been given out 65,000 face masks to the students and teachers, handed the sanitisers to the Kwara State Commissioner for Education and Human Capital Development Hajia Fatimah Bisola Ahmed.
“Now we are presenting to the Honourable Commissioner 50,000 hand sanitisers of 200ml for distribution to schools. Another consignment 2000 sanitisers (one litre) are also going to schools.
“The pandemic is still here and the government is trying its best to counter it. We appreciate Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq for prompt approval and releases for the fight against COVID-19 in the state.”
Prof. Saba urged school authorities to continue to advise the students to comply with various safety protocols to stay alive.
“We urge principals to ensure that the students use these items. Our students must not be careless just because they are writing exams. They must use their face masks at all times. They are the end users of these items.”
Ahmed, for her part, said the 65000 face masks earlier presented by the state government had been distributed while the hand sanitisers would be evenly distributed to all the schools in the state.
“I want to commend Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq for his proactiveness in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic in the state. I want to assure the public that the sanitisers will be evenly distributed to the schools across the state,” she added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor