Yesterday 27/03/20, the Kwara state police Command commenced the enforcement of directives issued by the state government to curb the scourge of Covid19.
I observed that compliance level on the first day of enforcement was initially poor in the early hours of the morning but was raised to 70% when the police enforcement teams came out. The situation got better in the afternoon as the level of compliance moved to 90%. A few recalcitrant commercial motorcyclists who were seen defiling the restriction order were responsible for the 10% deficit in compliance.
It was however saddening that the good job we did in the morning and afternoon was messed up with okada riders trooping out as early as 4pm as if the ban on them has been lifted. This must not be allowed to happen today.
Area Commanders, DPOs and all officers leading enforcement teams are to note the following important instructions for strict compliance
1. Commercial motorcycles seen on the road must be seized and the rider violators be forced to go home on foot. 2. Seized motorcycles are not to be released until the end of the emergency period.
4. Where neccessary, road block should be established in the evening time to ensure maximum compliance by the incalcitrant okada riders
5. Shop owners and park violators are to be forced to comply .
6. You are to note that the primary focus of this assignment is not to make arrests but to force compliance. We don’t want to do this by crowding our cells or our stations and putting ourselves and others at risk of what we are preventing.
7.Officers on this enforcement duty are also to note that the battle against the scourge of Corona virus is a global one. The whole world is concerned about what we are doing here and are watching us. This is a very bad time to be linked with or accused of extortion. You should all remain vigilant and not allow men under you to engage in any untoward act.
You must therefore effectively take charge of this assignment in your areas.
Cp Kayode Egbetokun
Commissioner of Police
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week