The NCDC disclosed this on its official Twitter handle on Thursday.
It stated that the country reported no death relating to COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, while the country’s death toll was 2,061 since the beginning of the pandemic.
The agency said the new cases were reported across 11 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
It said Lagos reported 29 cases, Rivers 19, Zamfara 6, Akwa Ibom 4, Edo 4, Osun 4, Plateau 4, Ogun 3, Kano 3, Nasarawa 2, FCT 1 and Oyo 1.
NCDC however said 154,285 people had recovered from the deadly virus, representing recovery rate of 94 per cent, as the number of recoveries on Thursday increased by 15 in the country.
It said that the country had also tested 1,803,177 people since the first confirmed case of COVID-19 was announced on Feb. 27, 2020.
The agency added that a multi-sectoral National Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), activated at Level 3, had continued to coordinate the national response activities in the country.
The NCDC noted that as at April 15, the country’s active case stood at 7,669.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption