Nigeria Centre For Disease Control (NCDC) says it recorded 143 new cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) infections in the country in the last 24 hours.
The NCDC made this known via its verified website on Friday.
The public health agency said that the infections brought the total number of cases in the country to 65,982.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Nigeria has so far tested 728,128 people since the first confirmed case relating to the COVID-19 pandemic was announced on Feb. 27, 2020.
NCDC stated that the 143 new cases were reported from 10 states of the federation and the FCT, namely Lagos (70), Kaduna (25), FCT (22), Ogun (11), Plateau (4), Oyo (4), Ekiti (3), Osun (2), Edo (1), and Kano (1).
The centre added that a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) was activated at Level 3, which continued to coordinate national response activities.
The NCDC said that till date, 65,982 cases were confirmed, 61,782 patients discharged and 1,165 deaths were recorded in 36 states and the FCT.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion