COVID-19: NCDC records 143 new infections
Nigeria Centre For Disease Control (NCDC) says it recorded 143 new cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) infections in the country in the last 24 hours.
The NCDC made this known via its verified website on Friday.
The public health agency said that the infections brought the total number of cases in the country to 65,982.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Nigeria has so far tested 728,128 people since the first confirmed case relating to the COVID-19 pandemic was announced on Feb. 27, 2020.
NCDC stated that the 143 new cases were reported from 10 states of the federation and the FCT, namely Lagos (70), Kaduna (25), FCT (22), Ogun (11), Plateau (4), Oyo (4), Ekiti (3), Osun (2), Edo (1), and Kano (1).
The centre added that a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) was activated at Level 3, which continued to coordinate national response activities.
The NCDC said that till date, 65,982 cases were confirmed, 61,782 patients discharged and 1,165 deaths were recorded in 36 states and the FCT.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike
- Kwara Gov meets labour leaders on fuel subsidy removal
- Fuel subsidy: Kwara govt. reduces workdays for civil servants
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic announces retirement from football
- NYSC presents court with documents to prove certificate forgery by Peter Mbah
- Reactions trail ‘drop’ in cooking gas price
- Professionalism and Patriotism: Toun Okewale’s achievements speak loudly
- About 490,000 Job Opportunities Awaiting Nigerians Here—NDPB
- Subsidy: Electricity workers to embark on nationwide strike
- Return missing bullet proof jeeps within 5 days– Zamfara Gov tells Matawalle