A total of 137 new infections of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic were reported in Nigeria on Tuesday, according to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
The NCDC made this known via its verified wedsite on Tuesday.
The public health agency said the new infections bring the country’s total number of COVID -19 to 63,173.
The health agency said that there were 306 COVID-19 patients who have been successfully treated and discharged from isolation centers across country in the last 24 hours.
“The 137 new cases are reported from 15 states and the FCT, as follows – Lagos-60, Abia-21 FCT-18, Rivers-13, Kaduna-5, Oyo-4, Edo-3, Delta-2, Imo-2, Kano-2, Ogun-2, Bauchi-1, Gombe-1, Nasarawa-1, Niger-1 and Osun-1,“ it stated.
The health agency said the total confirmed cases so far in the country now stand at 63,173 of which 59,634 have been discharged.
It, however, noted that the infection have claimed 1,151 lives across the country.
The NCDC said that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre (EOC), activated at Level 3, continues to coordinate the national response activities.
Meanwhile, the NCDC said that a sudden loss of taste and smell with fever, headache or runny nose may be COVID-19.
“Please do not ignore these symptoms. Call your state hotline immediately to arrange for a test. State hotlines: covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/contact/,” it said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections