This is according to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) in an update released on Sunday.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the additional 336 COVID-19 infections recorded on Saturday indicated a decrease from 337 cases reported on Friday.
In the NCDC latest update Lagos maintained the highest number of 86 cases, followed by Benue-48 and Bauchi-41.
Others were Edo-25, the FCT-19, Akwa Ibom-13, Ondo-12, Anambra-11, Ekiti-8, Kwara-7, Plateau-7, Bayelsa and Kaduna-4 each, Delta and Ogun-2 each while Kano reported 1.
According to the NCDC, today’s report includes:
Four states of Imo, Osun, Oyo and Sokoto reported zero cases, while a backlog of 48 cases were reported from Benue for Sept. 7 (29); Sept. 17 (7) and Sept. 18 (4).
The public health agency noted that till date, 201,630 cases have been confirmed, 190,288 cases have been discharged and 2,654 deaths have been recorded in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
The agency added that over 2.9 million samples of the virus out of the nation’s roughly 200 million population were tested.
The NCDC noted that a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), activated at Level 2, continued to coordinate the national response activities.
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks