Nigeria on Sunday recorded 459 new COVID-19 cases in 18 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The Nigeria Centre For Disease Control (NCDC) disclosed on Monday morning.
The NCDC also reported 30 COVID-19 related deaths.
The centre added that the new cases posted on Sunday, showed a drop from the 964 infections posted on Saturday.
The centre said that Lagos led the infections chart with 185 cases, Abia and Oyo, 38 cases each.
Others are Akwa Ibom and Cross River (33), Osun (24), Ekiti (23), Benue (15), Kwara (14), Kano (12), Delta, and the FCT (10), Edo (nine), Kaduna (five), Ogun (three), Kastina, Nasarawa , and Rivers reported (two), each, while Bayelsa recorded(one).
The News Agency of Nigerians, reports that’s the number of Nigeria’s active coronavirus infections, however, declined from 10,026 as reported on Saturday to 8, 429 on Sunday.
”The rise in COVID-19-related deaths is attributed to the 23 deaths captured as backlog from Lagos on Sept. 3, which pushed the overall COVID-19 related deaths in the country to 2,552, as of Sept. 6,2021.
”Lagos state COVID-19-related death toll increased to 645,” the centre said.
The NCDC said that over 2. 7million people have been tested for the virus out of the nation’s roughly 200 million population.
The agency said that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre (EOC), activated at Level II, continues to coordinate the national response activities.
It added that So far, the countryrecorded 195, 511 cases of the virus since its outbreak in 2020.
The centre said that no fewer than 184,529 patients have been successfully treated and discharged.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- NBC revokes licences of Ray Power FM, Silverbird TV, 50 other stations
- Nigerian Govt to block access to online loan firms
- No short shelf doses of COVID-19 vaccines in Nigeria — FG
- NiMet predicts 3-day rains, thunderstorms from Friday
- Emirates suspends flights to, from Nigeria
- Flight tickets skyrocket as aviation fuel hits N903
- PDP constitutes caretaker committee for Osun
- Osun Guber: Court strikes out suit against Ademola Adeleke
- Strike: Federal Govt’s offer miserable — ASUU
- Poultry farmers lament high cost of raw material