The NCDC made this known via its verified wedsite on Saturday morning .
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the country’s new active case indicates an increase from 9,033 cases, registered a day earlier.
The NCDC stated that 76 people had recovered and were discharged from various isolation centres in the country on Friday.
The Public health agency said that till date, 165,409 recoveries had been recorded nationwide in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
According to it, Friday’s statistics is the total of reported cases across 16 states of the federation and the FCT.
According to the latest NCDC data, Lagos has the highest number of infections with 348 cases. Rivers 70, while Akwa Ibom comes next with 45 infections.
Others were Oyo (36), FCT (24 ), Ekiti (15), Kwara (7), Ogun (7), Gombe (3), Anambra and Kaduna reported 2 cases each, while Beyalsa, Cross River, Edo, Plateau, Kano and Sokoto registered one case respectively.
The NCDC added that Nasarawa, Ondo, and Osun reported zero cases as of Friday.
The agency stated the country had confirmed 177,142 cases, noting that 2,178 people had died in 36 states and the FCT.
It added that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre (EOC), activated at Level 2, continued to coordinate the national response activities.
It said that the country had also tested more than 2.5 million samples for the virus out the country’s roughly 200 million population.
The NCDC said that the country’s COVID-19 average test positivity rate was 6 per cent.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport