Report from Lagos has confirmed that a Nollywood artist, Funke Akindele, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command or hosting a party in contravention of the lockdown order in the state.
The Lagos State Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, confirmed that the actress had been taken to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, Yaba.
Unfortunately, Akindele is said to be an ambassador for the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control and Dettol, has appeared in adverts calling on Nigerians to observe social distancing and hygiene.
According to him, “Yes, we have (arrested) Funke Akindele and we are looking for the others. She has been taken to SCID.” Findings revealed that policemen arrived in Amen Estate off Lekk-Epe Expressway in about three patrol vehicles.
She was said to have violated the lockdown order after hosting a party in honour of her husband, Abdulrasheed Bello aka JJC Skillz, on Saturday.
She later apologized over the incident, saying most of those who attended the party were colleagues, who were living temporarily within the estate and could not return to their home states because of the lockdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Lagos Infection Diseases Regulations 2020 (the Regulations) prescribes a jail term of one month or N100,000 fine or both for persons found guilty of hosting gatherings or flouting the lockdown order.
It reads in part, “Where there is a violation of a close-down or stay at home order, security Agencies shall have power to arrest without warrant and may detain any person who violates the closedown or stay at home order for at least forty-eight (48) hours.
“Where the arrested person is found guilty, the person is liable to a fine of one Hundred Thousand Nara fine (N100,000.00) or one (1) month imprisonment or three (3) months Community service.”
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules