Dr Fwanngje Isah, Provost, Plateau State College of Health Technology, Pankshin, says the institution will soon reopen for academic activities, after an eight-month closure caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Isah disclosed this in an interview with ROYAL NEWS on Sunday in Pankshin.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the college was closed in the wake of the lock down imposed on the State as part of measures to curtail the spread of the Coronavirus pandemic.
The provost said the State Government and the college management had commenced preparations to reopen the institution.
“If not for the EndSARs protest that engulfed the nation, the college would have reopened since Oct. 30 as earlier ordered by Gov. Simon Lalong.
“We have fumigated the entire college and put all the necessary materials such as hand washing machines, soaps and water, as well as sanitisers with more being ordered for to ensure safety against the virus.
“The students should come along with their medically accepted face marks on resumption and to strictly observe the COVID-19 protocols.
“As soon as the government gives us the go-ahead to reopen, we will not hesitate nor delay but to resume in order to makeup for what we have lost in the last eight months,” he said.
Isah appealed to the students to continue to exercise patience and be law abiding as they awaited the reopening of the college.
“We expect our students to eschew any form of societal vices and be patriotic in all their conducts, as they are our future leaders,” he said.
He described the institution as one of the best colleges of health technology in the country, disclosing that efforts were being made to move the school to its permanent site.
He further revealed that the state government had given the management of the college the permission to employ 75 additional staff to boost its personnel strength.
“We have already have interviews for the recruitment and we have prepared and sent our reports to government for approval,” the provost added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal