An private company, Kairos Asset Resources Ltd. on Tuesday donated 10,000 face masks to the Federal Ministry Defence for the benefit of troops involved in the counter insurgency operations across the nation.
Kaioros, a Subsidiary of Israel Ship Yard is a leading Company that specialises in building Offshore Patrol Vehicles and Ships in Support of Navies around the World.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the presentation of the items was performed by its Chairman, Wale Otegbola.
He noted that the donation was part of the long term Humanitarian investment Programme in aid of Nigeria to win the wars against terrorism and banditry.
Otegbola added that, “Medical items will be donated in addition to the face masks to keep the troops healthy and physically strong to deliver on their mandate in their Areas of Responsibility, AoR.”
With this development, the need to protect troops in various theatres of Operations in parts of the Country against COVID-19 Pandemic has received a boost.
The Permanent Secretary,Ministry of Defence, Sab’iu Zakari who took the delivery of the masks onbehalf of the Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) described the donation as a most welcome gesture that will go a long way in protecting the Fighting Forces to stay healthy in the task of defending the Nation’s territorial integrity.
Zakari further assured the donors that the Masks will get to the intended beneficiaries in their various locations.
“The Ministry and the donor need to take a holistic assessment of the way forward to deepen Public/Private partnership Initiative in support of Military Campaigns against terrorism and banditry towards giving the nation the deserved victory over the adversaries.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC