Queen Elizabeth II has been confirmed positive for the coronavirus diseases. She waa saisbro have contracted the infectious disease following her face to face meeting with the UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson.
She met with Boris on March 1, according to Royal Palace source.
Buckingham Palace revealed the monarch held a face-to-face with Mr Johnson on March 11.
Her health, the palace added, remains good and stable though she has shown mild symptoms of the novel coronavirus.
In a brief statement, the palace said, “HMQ has also tested positive and is currently self-isolating at Windsor Castle. The Queen came into contact with the PM on the 11th March and is following all the appropriate advice with regards to her welfare”.
“We will be sharing constant updates of the Queen’s welfare with the public in good fate. That will be all for now.”
On Wednesday, it was announced that Prince Charles, the heir to the British throne, had tested positive for the coronavirus after showing mild symptoms. His office said that he was self-isolating at a royal estate in Scotland.
The Prince of Wales, who last met the Queen on March 12, continues to work at his desk in his Scottish residence, Birkhall, as he is only suffering from mild symptoms.
The Queen, who left Buckingham Palace on March 19, looks set to spend the next few weeks of self-isolation at Windsor Castle with Prince Philip as she recovers from the virus.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign