The Oyo State Government has warned headteachers of public primary schools in the state against non-compliance with COVID-19 safety guidelines.
ROYAL NEWS reports that some schools have been queried for refusing to comply with the guidelines for resumption of schools in the state.
The Chairman, Oyo State Universal Basic Education Board, Dr. Nureni Adeniran who spoke with ROYAL NEWS in Ibadan on Tuesday, said that the board embarked on a wide monitoring of schools in Ibadan.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the state government trained 2,454 headteachers on safe resumption of schools.
Adeniran said the management of Standard and Quality Assurance department had frowned at the poor compliance of teachers and pupils in some schools.
“Some of them were seen without face masks and flouting social distancing instructions. At some schools, the compliance level was not encouraging, while the team did not meet teachers in some schools.
“ Pupils did not comply with extant guidelines of social distancing and use of nose masks,” he said.
Adeniran however applauded the compliance level of some teachers and pupils with resumption guidelines.
“We want to ensure total commitment to safety in our schools. We cannot afford to endanger the lives of our pupils and staff members,” he said.
Adeniran urged headteachers of public primary schools to ensure full compliance with the guidelines.
“While some schools are serious with the guidelines, some were lackadaisical about the issue of COVID-19 and have been called to order,” he said.
Adeniran said that the monitoring would be extended to other parts of the state during the week.
Some of the school visited are, Methodist Primary School, Agbeni, Islamic Mission School, Yemetu and Ratibi Muslim School, Molete,
Others are St. Bredan’s Primary School, Kumapayi, Egbeda, Abadina Primary School, UI and, St. Thomas Primary School I, II & III, Agbowo.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63