The Director-General, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim, on Monday, said in line with the Federal Government’s December 1 deadline on COVID-19 vaccination, it is mandatory for all corps members to be vaccinated.
It said this became imperative as they are also part of the federal public service.
He gave the warning during a nationwide virtual address to the 2021 Batch ‘C’ Stream Two Prospective Corps Members and Camp Officials.
He advised the PCMs to avoid complacency on COVID-19, as the disease was still very much around.
“COVID-19 is still with us. The Federal Government’s deadline for vaccination is 1st December, and it is mandatory for all Corps Members because you are also part of the federal public service.
“Your employers will demand for evidence of vaccination. Therefore, make sure you vaccinate in camp in order to protect yourself and also protect others”, the DG advised.
Also, he appealed to the State Coordinators to liaise with the State Health Officials and the Primary Healthcare Development Agencies to ensure the vaccination of Corps Members.
The DG also advised the PCMs to adhere strictly to all the non-pharmaceutical safety protocols of COVID-19, adding that anyone that violates the safety guidelines laid down in camp would be decamped.
Meanwhile, the DG warned Corps members against borrowing or using personal money to execute projects.
He urged them to rather, source funds from within the community while also choosing either personal or group projects that could be completed within the period of the service year.
“Don’t borrow money or use your personal money to execute projects”, he warned.
The Director-General enjoined the PCMs to provide the needs of their host communities by initiating projects that would positively improve their standard of living.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Ndudi Elumelu wins PDP Reps ticket for 5th term
- FG imposes new tax on phone-calls to fund healthcare
- Abia Speaker wins PDP’s ticket for House of Reps
- Ali Isa emerges as PDP’s Balanga/Billiri Federal Constituency, Gombe, candidate
- Breaking…..Wahab Issa, Mohammed Ajia declared winner of PDP Reps primaries
- Lagos PDP calls for cancellation of primaries
- Commission begins screening of intending Christian pilgrims
- Ortom expresses satisfaction with work on roads, other projects
- 2023 Presidency: Lawan begs Kano to swing in his favour
- I’ll reform education sector if elected president —Lawan