President of the United States of America, Donald Trump, has promised to support the Nigerian government in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
He stated this during a telephone conversation with President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday. Their discussion according to findings centred on how to eliminate the deadly disease out Nigeria, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The Personal Assistant to the President, Bashir Ahmad, disclosed this on his Twitter handle.
He tweeted, “President Muhammadu Buhari had a phone conversation with the US President Donald Trump today, the two leaders discussed Nigeria’s efforts to defeat the COVID–19 Pandemic, and President Trump pledged US support and solidarity. #COVID19Nigeria”
Also confirming the telephone conversation, the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Muhammed, said it was on the request of Trump.
He described the conversation between the presidents as cordial.
He said, “President @MBuhari today had a phone conversation with President Donald Trump, at the request of the American President. The conversation centred on Nigeria’s response to the #COVID19 pandemic”-HMIC, Alh. Lai Mohammed
“President Buhari used the opportunity to brief the American President on the steps that Nigeria is taking to contain the spread of the disease.
“For his part, President Trump assured that the United States stands in solidarity with Nigeria in this difficult time and promised to send ventilators to support the country in its fight against the pandemic. President Trump also extends his best regards to the people of Nigeria.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor