Iconic footballer, Cristiano Ronaldo has posed with his Guiness World Record certificate after becoming the first footballer to score 111 international goals.
He achieved this feat in Portugal vs Ireland’s FIFA World Cup qualifiers on Wednesday, September 1, where he scored two goals for his country.
His Guinness world record of highest number of goals by an international footballer was achieved within the time frame of 2003 and 2021.
As Ronaldo posed with the certificate, he expressed his gratitude for being honoured as the world record breaker in international football.
”Thank you to the Guiness World Records. Always good to be recognized as a world record breaker. Let’s keep trying to set the numbers even higher” he wrote on Instagram
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud