A Pastor of the United Evangelical Church has been arrested by the Cross River state police command for allegedly being in possession of human skull.
45-year-old Michael Bassey was arrested following a complaint from a concerned citizen on threat to life.
Akande said; “The suspect was arrested with one human skull tied with the complainant’s picture and carved human image with red clothes.
“Investigation is still ongoing and the suspect will be arraigned in court.”
Bassey however denied being into any diabolical act. He told newsmen that he has been conducting healing services for his congregation members before his arrest.
The Pastor said; “I don’t know anything about this human skull. I am innocent of the charges against me. my mother gave me Bible and garment as a young boy, then I started helping people by liberating them from various curses and enchantments,’ he said.
“I started by liberating my family who always “sacrificed” their male children for the female ones to survive, I broke that covenant and I have been liberating people in Cross River and beyond, I am not a killer, I only help people.
“I am not a herbalist, I am a prophet, I was ordained at a Church ( names withheld)at Azikiwe Street, Calabar by my spiritual father. After I liberate people, they come back and show appreciation, I am not a native doctor ” he added.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG