Customs rakes N20bn in 4 months
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has disclosed that it seized 310 drums of 100 litres each of 180 kegs of 25 litres each of Premium Motor Spirit, otherwise called petrol, at different points.
These strides was recorded by the NCS Oyo/Osun Area Command, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Other items seized, according to the Command, included 3,465 bags of 50kg parboiled rice with Duty Paid Value (DPV) of N82,636185; 13 kegs of 25 litres each of vegetable oil with DPV of N282,426; 44 gallons of four litres each of vegetable oil with DPV of N278,805; 20 unit of used tyres with DPV of N162,938. Total DPV for the seizures stands at N96,612,665.
The Area Controller of the Area Command, Mrs. Helen Uche-Ngozi, who disclosed this during a press conference at the Command’s headquarters in Ibadan, put the total duty collected between January and April at N20,051,805,179 only.
“They will be auctioned and the proceeds will be remitted accordingly,” she said.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Nigeria to launch two more satellites into space soon – Defence Agency
- NSCDC arrests 9 over alleged meter bypass in Osun
- INEC issues Certificate of Return to Zamfara gov-elect, deputy
- Osun Govt explains delay of civil servants’ March salaries
- Singer “Portable” cooling feet in police custody
- Interim Govt: DSS raising fake alarm, ploy to arrest opposition– Atiku
- Yul Edochie reports son’s death to Police for investigation
- Election: Nigerians in USA get permission to hold protest opposite White House
- Github fires its entire India engineering team, over 140 employees
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)