Nigeria Customs Service, the Tin Can Island Command has declared that it is already working towards achieving N540bn this year, at a monthly minimum of N47.4bn.
The Command that said it exceeded its 2019 official target of N342bn by N4bn, said its official task would not be far apart from the self-assigned target given the agency’s total expected revenue of N2tn for 2020.
The Public Relations Officer of the Command, Uche Ejesieme, told DailyTrend that the Command’s Area Controller, Musa Abdulahi, had already started meeting and sensitising stakeholders operating at TCIC and seeking their support to enable the command meet the target achievable.
Ejesieme added that the command was able to surpass its 2019 revenue target because of stakeholders’ support.
He said, “We had a target of N342bn in 2019 and were able to make N346bn, with an excess of N4bn.
“Using the same projection, we are envisaging that the command, out of the N2tn target government has given us, will get N540bn for the year 2020.
“This translates to N47.4bn every month. It is actually not going to be very easy but for the strategies that the comptroller has put in place. This is the essence of the conversations, consultations and all the meetings.
“He met with officers in the middle cadre, officer commanding terminals, members and leadership of the various associations, key security agencies and so on.
“In all of these meetings, he highlighted some of the achievements we made last year, thanking them for their support and collaboration and preparing their minds for the challenges ahead.”
He pointed out that Customs alone could not achieve this, adding that this was why the CAC was seeking the support of all and sundry so that the command’s anticipated target would be achieved, especially with the comparative advantage from the border closure.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL