The promotion was confirmed in a statement issued on Friday by the Public Relations Officer of Customs, Mr Joseph Attah.
The statement said the promotion was strictly based on merit.
It said the cumulative marks of annual performance evaluation scores, written examination, seniority and availability of vacancies formed the basis for the promotion.
A breakdown of the promotion shows that 897 Assistant Inspectors of Customs were promoted to the rank of Inspector of Customs, 1,426 Customs Assistant 1 to Assistant Inspector of Customs, while 123 Customs Assistant ll were promoted to Customs Assistant l.
The statement added that five Customs Assistant 111 were promoted to Customs Assistant 11.
In the Support Staff Cadre, it said 21 Assistant Inspectors of Customs were promoted to the rank of Inspector of Customs, 208 Customs Assistant l to Assistant Inspector of Customs, 263 Customs Assistant ll moved up to Customs Assistant 1 while 31 Customs Assistant lll were promoted to Customs Assistant Il.
While giving his approval for the release of the promotion, the Customs CG congratulated all promoted personnel and expressed the hope that these elevations will serve as motivation to effectively discharge their duties.
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai