The promotion was confirmed in a statement issued on Friday by the Public Relations Officer of Customs, Mr Joseph Attah.
The statement said the promotion was strictly based on merit.
It said the cumulative marks of annual performance evaluation scores, written examination, seniority and availability of vacancies formed the basis for the promotion.
A breakdown of the promotion shows that 897 Assistant Inspectors of Customs were promoted to the rank of Inspector of Customs, 1,426 Customs Assistant 1 to Assistant Inspector of Customs, while 123 Customs Assistant ll were promoted to Customs Assistant l.
The statement added that five Customs Assistant 111 were promoted to Customs Assistant 11.
In the Support Staff Cadre, it said 21 Assistant Inspectors of Customs were promoted to the rank of Inspector of Customs, 208 Customs Assistant l to Assistant Inspector of Customs, 263 Customs Assistant ll moved up to Customs Assistant 1 while 31 Customs Assistant lll were promoted to Customs Assistant Il.
While giving his approval for the release of the promotion, the Customs CG congratulated all promoted personnel and expressed the hope that these elevations will serve as motivation to effectively discharge their duties.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal